Thurinphir from CSTM’s Steam Group posed this question about LOTRO’s future and how Turbine might depict it. Specifically he is asking about Minas Tirith in Gondor and what sort of access us as players will have to it.
The Lord of the Rings describes Minas Tirith as such:
For the fashion of Minas Tirith was such that it was built on seven levels, each delved into the hill, and about each was set a wall, and in each wall was a gate. But the gates were not set in a line: the Great Gate in the City Wall was at the east point of the circuit, but the next faced half south, and the third half north, and so to and fro upwards; so that the paved way that climbed towards the Citadel turned first this way and then that acreoss the face of the hill.
Return of the King, Book 5, Chapter 1
This seems like a pretty massive structure! So let’s have fun and take a guess. How do you think Turbine will implement Minas Tirith in the game? Thurinphir shared some ideas for the poll but you are welcome to leave your own ideas in the comments section below.
How do you think Turbine will implement Minas Tirith?
- All the levels are available but are Rep-gated (47%, 415 Votes)
- All the levels seen in movie/mentioned in book with swift-travel between all of them (27%, 238 Votes)
- Instanced-only versions of various levels (15%, 131 Votes)
- First and last levels only, with a portal in between (8%, 72 Votes)
- Other (leave a comment) (3%, 20 Votes)
Total Voters: 875