Skills in Riders of Rohan
- Tale of the Elements (Improved Tale of Frost and Flame)
- Replaces the Frost and Fire mitigation buff with Tactical Mitigation
- Call of Eärendil
- Improved Gift of the Hammerhand
- Level 83
- Adds a “potent” Heal over Time to the target
The upgraded skills are a decent change. Gift of the Hammerhand getting a HoT will help since most times when it’s being cast the target needs to be healed too. Also updating Tale of Frost and Flame is good because it boosts all mitigations instead of just two. As for the new skill, it’s an interesting one for sure. While I can see it being useful in solo and possibly small-fellowships, its being a melee-ranged, frontal attack means that its use in more strategic fights might be fairly limited.
- All minstrel attacks with a buff now trigger the buff; whether the attack hits or not.
- Tales now stay active when silenced
- Tale of Battle’s Vitality buff has been brought up to the same strength as the Will buff from Tale of Heroism.
- Song of the Dead has been renamed to Song of Subdual and now affects Dead, Ancient Evil, and Unseen.
- Anthem of Prowess has had its strength increased
The improvements to existing skills seem to be in the positive. The minstrels obtaining a buff from attacks that miss and Tales staying active while silenced are definitely a nice touch. The only change that might be a bit disappointing is Song of Subdual, but only if you were hoping that it would undergo the same change as the Lore-master’s Bane Flare.
Legendary Item Legacies
- Call of Oromé Damage Legacy will affect Call of Eärendil as well.
- Song of the Dead Cooldown Legacy has been renamed to Song of Subdual Legacy.
- Anthem of War (melee damage) Legacy will increase both melee and ranged damage now.
- Anthem of War (ranged damage) Legacy is replaced with Minstrel Skill Bubble Strength Legacy.
No surprises here, really. Most of these are just changes are to accommodate the new skills.
- Master of Tales now gives Tale of the Elements’ Battle (+Tactical Mitigation, Vitality, Resistance.)
This also follows in-line with the changes to the skills.
I’m not an expert on the Minstrel class, but the changes that I’m seeing are pretty good. Like most of the class changes they don’t knock me off my chair, but that doesn’t mean that they’re not appreciated. What do you think?