The Developer Diary for the Rune-keeper changes coming in Riders of Rohan has been released today! Although the changes to the class are short and sweet, I’m sure that all too soon we’ll see lightning and fire scorching across the plains of Rohan! So let’s take a look at what’s coming up for the class!
Skills in Riders of Rohan
- Improved Scribe’s Spark
- Level: ?
- Adds a “Potent” threat reducing effect
- Improved Rune of Restoration
- Level: ?
- The rock will now restore power as well as morale
- Improved Armour of (Flame/Winter/Storm)
- Level: ?
- Each of these will add a morale bubble in addition to their previous effects.
These skills seem to follow a current theme with the “Improved” skills of other classes: reducing threat, the ability to restore power, and morale bubbles. I’m not complaining though since these are pretty useful effects to have!
- Flurry of Words
- The evasion reduction debuff has been removed
- Enemies will now receive a debuff that increases incoming critical chance by 3%
- Mystifying Flame
- The damage has been “moderately” increased
- The threat reduction has also been increased
The only skill I can vouch for on this one is Mystifying Flames and that’s because I know that increased damage and reduced threat is good! (I’m clever like that.) However, I don’t know what the removal of the evasion will mean to Flurry of Words. Offhandedly I would think that keeping the evasion debuff would be much more beneficial than increasing the chance to crit a target, but I could be wrong. Please let me know what you think about the changes below.
- Linnod of Peace
- A -10% healing threat generation bonus has been added
- Rune of Endurance
- Will also enhance the power restoration of Improved Rune of Restoration.
Again, I can’t really argue with the changes here. The Rune of Endurance change only makes sense and the addition of threat reduction done by healing to Linnod of Peace is a welcome addition too.
Much like the other developer diaries there are some good, solid changes being made to the class; but nothing to go wild about either. On the other hand, the bubble and power restoration are potentially really good changes in my opinion. So fill me in RK’s! What do you think about the changes coming to the class?