The Lore-master Developer Diary for Riders of Rohan has been released by Ken “Graalx2″ Burd. In this expansion it looks like Turbine was ”aimed at increasing the Lore-master’s utility, especially in small group encounters.”
Upgraded Skills in Riders of Rohan
- Improved Powerof Knowledge
- Level 80
- “Greatly” increases the amount of power returned
- Immune to interrupts due to damage
- Share the Power – Fellowship
- Level 83
- New skill (it does not replace Share the Power)
- Gives each member of the fellowship (minus the Lore-master) power equal to half of the single-target Share the Power
Shares a cooldown with Share the Power(This seems to be a mistype as Share the Power does not have a cooldown.)
- Limited to 25m range
- Water Lore
I’m pretty impressed with the upgrade to Power of Knowledge as well as the two new skills. The Lore-master commonly finds themselves in the role of healer in smaller groups and these new skills will really improve their ability to function in that role. Of course these skills will also do wonders for 6-man and 12-man content as well. While they may not be the DPS-focused skills that some players may have been hoping for, they go a long way in increasing the utility of the class.
- Wisdom of the Council
- The heal applies earlier in the animation
- The heal is now 50% of the total morale of the Lore-master
- Bane Flare
- No longer restricted to the dead
- Staff-strike, Staff-sweep, and Back from the Brink
- No longer have an excessive delay after use
- “Basic” Lore-master pets have had their level increased to be the same as the Lore-master
These changes are pretty good in my opinion; especially the restriction removal from Bane Flare. I think most Lore-masters will be happy with the changes that were made to these skills.
The Sword and Staff Legendary Trait has been changed. Don’t worry though, it’s a good change.
First off, the ability to wield a sword has been removed from the trait. Fear not, for now when reaching level 40 Lore-masters will receive a new passive trait allowing them to equip a sword in their off-hand. Swords for all! Yay! In order to compensate for this loss, Sword and Staff has also had the morale granted increased and the parry rating “greatly” increased. This change will also allow for Lore-masters to consider more than two of their Legendary Traits since most Lore-masters kept Sword and Staff slotted once they earned it.
The changes made to the Lore-master seem to be pretty good to me. Lore-masters should find that their utility in groups will be greatly increased with increased heals, a Fellowship-wide power restore, and the removal of the “dead” restriction from Bane Flare. But, then again I don’t get to play my Lore-master often these days. So, I would love to know what some of our more experienced Lore-masters have to say about the changes. Let us know!