The Patch Notes for Update 6’s initial release to the Bullroarer Server have been posted. And it is important to note that as always the notes are in Beta and therefore are missing some sections such as information on the
Rune-keeper and Warden class changes. There are however some very interesting things to note.
First off it seems that Skirmish soldiers will only be able to be summoned by use of a “Landscape soldier token”, which is bartered for at Skirmish camps with Marks and Seals. They will also be unavailable within “high-population zones.” What exactly this means is unknown, but there is a future Developer Diary that will be released that will elaborate further upon the issue.
Other interesting points include:
- Virtues have been extended to Rank 14.
- All tiers of stat tomes and the relic removal scroll can now drop from the final bosses in scaled instances.
- Melding recipes for Tier 8 relics, Level 75 relics and Level 75 legendary items have been added.
- Legendary Items level 66 and above have increased relic return from deconstruction if they are advanced to level 31 or higher. The increase is more significant if the item is advanced to level 60 and above.
- New recipes for Level 75 crafted relics are located on the Crafting Guild vendors. The Compendium of Middle Earth, Volume III, can be acquired via a reward for completing the daily repeatable quest “The Forges of Isengard,” given by Bron in Galtrev.
- Worn Symbols of Celebrimbor are now available via Skirmish barter vendors.
- Marks, Medallions, Seals, and Relic Currency are all now bind to account.
- Unique class titles have been added as rewards for the level 15, 30, 45, and 58 class quests. Characters who have previously completed these quests will be rewarded the titles retroactively.
- Lore-masters will have new talismans which will turn their Spirit of Nature Pet into spirits of other animals.
- The Skirmish instance quests (the quest you receive every time you play a Skirmish) will now award gold, reputation, XP and IXP. This quest, unlike the old daily quests, will be awarded every time the Skirmish is completed, and will scale more accurately to the level of the Skirmish. The previous XP bonus on monsters has been reduced to compensate.
- Added a new lock-on camera mode which keeps the camera pointed towards your target. By default this can be engaged using the [X] key, but you can remap it in Options->;Key Mapping->;Camera.
And that’s just to name a few. So what are you excited about with the release of Update 6?
Updated March 2, 2012 to include the Rune-keeper changes
Updated March 3, 2012 to include Reaver changes