This episode was recorded on Goldenstar’s birthday! Goldenstar developed tonsillitis and missed playing with her Dums this week.
Merric has been dealing with a sinus infection. He did run several dungeons, skirmish raids and Orthanc.
Both made some creeps on Imladris and Andang was nice enough to run them around and show their noob monsters the sites. On Friday they attended a kinship raid to Orthanc Steamworks where they were very close to beating the big ugly shocky troll!
- Update 6 Launching March 12 – Scheduled Downtime
- Dev Diary: Instance Finder Updates
- Dev Diary: Skirmish Soldiers on Landscape
- Dev Diary: Warden and Rune-keeper Revisions
- Chance Thomas to Score Riders of Rohan
- Gaikai to Allow Trial Cloud-Based Streaming of LOTRO
- How to be a Monster-Days 6 and 7
- Pineleaf Previews Update 6
- Merric’s video on the premium barter wallet
- Of Mice and MMOs
Riddles in the Dark
Riddles in the Dark is a bi-weekly podcast series by Dr. Corey Olsen (The Tolkien Professor) and David Kale. Discussion will focus on the themes, characters, and events of Middle-earth and lay the groundwork for intelligent speculation about how the book may be translated to film. Each episode will culminate in the hosts making a specific prediction about the upcoming films, to be proven or disproven when the films are finally released.
More information on RITD can be found at http://www.mythgard.org/exclusives/riddles-in-the-dark/
How will Thorin end up in the Elvenking’s dungeon?
A. Just as in the book: he will be taken by the elves prior to the spider conflict.
B. He will be captured with the rest of them, after the spider fight — they won’t be separated.
C. Neither of the above.
Raise Your Glass
I don’t know how it happened but as I logged in last week, and today March 9th, my character is still in Winter home, with all quests and NPC active. I have the screenshots to prove it…
I just wanted to tell you (all of the contributors) that I find your website is the best LotRO news source. Whenever there’s a news, you provide insight, which is more than any other website. I’ll make a $10 donation soon (this is a big deal because in France this is not as usual as in the US , different cultures!)
As a side note, I’m the owner of www.wowbash.com and wanted to let you know that I’ll be updating the site soon to support multiple MMOs, including LotRO. Start saving images to upload there, please
The more I play, the more I notice the strange things that happen.
Big Goats have reigns, horses do not.
Humans and Elves bounce in the saddle: pony and small goat riders don’t have that problem, it’s their mounts that have it.
Hunters can start campfires in very strange places (like above their own heads)
Animals in Middle Earth have issues with slanted terrain
Halbarad fades in every time you visit him in Esteldin
Several beings and beasts suddenly fade into existence as you’re almost upon them or passing them
I bet you could collect lots more of these strange things.
I wish you a very Happy and wonderful birthday! Have fun with Merric, baby hobbit and you family.
My wife is celebrating her birthday today and our youngest hobbit turns 3 on Monday
Thank you for our podcast reviewers!
- Rebus/Smyle of Landroval
Thanks to our Donators!
- Sharon W.
- Teresa T.
- Visit our blog at www.casualstrolltomordor.com
- We welcome your email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail at 520-261-CSTM (2786)
- We are available to follow on both Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus
- Please leave us a review on iTunes or Zune Marketplace and we would really appreciate it!
- Listen to us live every Saturday at 9:30 pm Eastern on Middle Earth Network Radio
Recorded March 10, 2012