LOTRO is celebrating fashion and the absolutely fabulous cosmetic system their game gives us with a week dedicated to fashion! There are events in-game and out allowing you to strut your character’s stuff. This news fits nicely with this week’s sale that has a very fashioned theme to it!
Fashion Screenshot Contest
This contest is open until Thursday, February 16th allowing you to submit screenshots for prizes of 500 Turbine Points. Each user can enter a single one of the four categories twice. The categories are:
- Most Fashionable Kinship: Dress for success as a group and send in your kinship photos! The winner of this category will be known as “Kinship Fashion Photographer 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
- Fashion In Motion: Entries in this category should be taken while on horseback! Color coordinate with your horse and ride through Middle-earth in style! The winner of this category will receive the title of, “Galloping Beauty 2012” (female) or “Dashing Stallion 2012” (male) on the LOTRO Forums.
- Professionally Minded: Look your best while you’re on the job! This category is for the many beautiful outfits that are themed to either your class or your crafting profession. The winner of this category will receive the title of “Professionally Dressed 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
- Formal Extravagance: Not every ensemble needs to be created with armor. This category is for those luxurious clothing combinations that are more suited for a party under the light of the moon. The winner of this category will receive the title “Extravagant in Starlight 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
But you could also win if your entry is selected in one of the two community award categories. Any screenshot submitted is automatically entered in these two categories. They are:
- Fashionista’s Choice: This category will be voted on by members of our Fashion Blogging community! Devonna of LOTRO Stylist, Freyjuska of LOTRO Fashion, and Hymne of Cosmetic LOTRO will form our panel of fashionistas! The winner of this category will receive the title “Fashionista’s Choice 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
- Fan Favorite: After the Turbine Community Team collects all screenshots, we’ll whittle down the pack to the best of the best. At that time, we’ll create a forum poll and let you, the community, choose your favorite! The winner of this category will receive the title “Fashion Fan Favorite 2012” on the LOTRO Forums.
For more details and instructions on how to enter, visit the LOTRO Forums post for this contest!
The Fashion Maven is an invisible GM (meaning this is an actual person) who awards fashion titles on players at random. You could be granted “The Fashionable” or “The Unfashionable” or if reaaly bad “The Eye-sore” title this weekend. You won’t see them but the Fashion Maven will be around Friday – Sunday, February 10-12th. Dress your best (or worst) and try to impress!
Special Fashion Themed Lotteries
Random and some flash fashioned theme lotteries will be running all week long giving you some free goodies to win!
More Fashion Goodness
I suggest you visit the web sites of the fashion experts of Middle-earth or you can listen to Episode 98a where we had the big three of dressing divas on our podcast to discuss cosmetics!