Starting with Update 5 launch on Monday, all of the pieces of the Rise of Isengard expansion will be available to purchase in the in-game LOTRO Store. The five new dungeons releasing with update 5 are considered a part of the Rise of Isegard but could not be sold in the store until actually in game.
We get a lot of questions on if these five new instances need to be purchased so before we continue on to the pricing let me try to make it clear.
The Five New Instances Are Free1 to You If:
- You Pre-ordered the Rise of Isengard Expansion
- You purchased the Rise of Isengard Expansion from the Turbine Web Store using real money (as in not with Turbine Points)
The Five New Instances Must Be Purchased If:
- You purchased either the Rise of Isengard Quest Pack or Draigoch Raid using Turbine Points in the LOTRO Store
- You’ve purchased nothing in regards to Rise of Isengard
I think a lot of confusion stems from people thinking that VIP status matters. It does not. All LOTRO players had to purchase the Rise of Isengard expansion. Being a VIP did not grant you any of the Rise of Isengard content for free. The only way the instances are included is if you purchased it with real money and not Turbine Points.
It’s uncertain if you will still be able to purchase Isengard from the Turbine Web Store after December 12th. I don’t see why not but Turbine could choose to remove it. If it is still available, that will be another way to get the entire expansion in one cost rather than piecemeal with Turbine Points if that is what you prefer.
The post by Sapience with the LOTRO Store pricing didn’t show a Rise of Isengard Expansion bundle to be purchased with Turbine Points for all the pieces at once.
LOTRO Store Rise of Isengard Pricing
- Isengard Expansion Quests: 3250 Turbine Points
Currently available in the LOTRO Store Includes: the quests and deeds for the regions of Dunland, Gap of Rohan and Isengard.
- Raid: Draigoch’s Lair: 1250 Turbine Points
Currently Available in the LOTRO Store: 24-man raid dungeon against the dragon Draigoch.
- Expansion Instances: 1495 Turbine Points
Available on December 12th includes: One 12-player instance, One 6-player instance and Three 3-player instances
- Derudh’s Stone: 995 Turbine Points
Was an item included with pre-order sales, this can be purchased per character to give a 25% experience boost until level 65. This is currently in the LOTRO Store. This is optional and don’t grant additional content.
Total Turbine Point Cost for the quest pack, dungeons and raid = 5,995 Turbine Points.
- Technically you already bought them when you did one of the two options listed but for the sake of simplicity we’ll say free to help you determine if you have to buy or not. ↩