This is a guest post from Luvhandles of Brandywine, a hunter who wanted to share his route for Ale Association ale delivery runs. It relies heavily on the ability to port around middle-earth but I thought the hunters out there would appreciate this!
Notes about these AA Quests:
The Ale Association delivery quests are unlike the Inn League as you have to both pick up the brew and deliver it within an hour timeframe (Inn League you can buy the brew ahead of time and just deliver in the one hour time limit).
You don’t have to worry about buying a specific type of ale, just go talk to the tavern keep and he will give you the quest item to deliver.
See our Ale Association Guide for more details on these quests and thank you to Luvhandles for sharing his route!
A couple of pre-requisites before undertaking this time-trial endeavor.
You have to have all way-points prior before starting. The purchased rides are significantly faster then your mount. You may not complete all of them in time if you use your own ride.
The other is the faction, Lossoth of Forochel. They won’t let you swift travel to Pynti-peldot until you have an Acquaintance level with them. Though you can always pop a writ of travel to circumvent that. Forewarning…Not being able to swift-travel that area, will cost you of completing all deliveries in the amount of time.
Okay…here are the instructions!
- Accept all quests from the Ale Association Tavern Keep in Thorin’s Hall
- Start with Quite a Tickle. Pick up your brew in Thorin’s Hall and Port to Ost Guruth.
- Deliver to Wald Mugwort in Ost Haer, Lone Lands.
- Port back to Ost Guruth
- Purchase a ride to The Forsaken Inn and pick up the brew.
- Port to Michael Delving, pick up brew at The Bird and Baby
- Purchase a ride to Hobbiton, pick up brew at The Ivy Bush
- Go to Bywater, pick up (2) brews at The Green Dragon
- Go to Frogmorton, pick up brew at The Floating Log
- Cut through the forest going directly north to Brockenborings. Pick up the brew at The Plough and Stars and deliver to Foxglove Grubb.
- Swift travel to Oatbarton and deliver the brew to Harigar Mudbottom
- Swift travel to Tinnidur (for some reason, there isn’t a swift travel from Oat Barton to Ost Forod)
- Swift travel to Ost Forod
- Swift travel to Pynti-peldot
- Purchase a ride to Zigilgund and deliver the brew to Lofi
- Port to Esteldin
- Purchase a ride to Othikar and deliver the brew to Múli.
- Port back to Esteldin.
- Purchase a ride to Aughaire, and deliver the brew to Nathalan
- Port to Rivendell, (or port to Ost Guruth, and swift travel to Rivendell) and pick up the brew from Sogadan in Elrond’s house.
- Swift travel to Hrimbarg, deliver the brew to Oli
- Port or swift travel back to Rivendell
- Purchase a ride to Echad Candelleth, deliver the brew to Saerthuithel
- Port to Bree and head towards to the Prancing Pony to pick up the brews (2)
- Purchase a ride from West Bree to Hengstacer Farm or Trestlebridge, but dismount when you are close to Thornley’s Work Site, and deliver the brew to Wesley Hopwood
- Port to Thorin’s Hall. Go to the Elf ruins NW (Edhelion) and deliver the brew to Lendasil
- Port to Thorin’s hall and Swift travel to Celondim. Purchase a ride to Duillond, then purchase another ride to Thrasi’s Lodge deliver the final brew to Alrek.
Some thoughts…This is not “the recommended route”… just something I put together, and verified. (ran it in 52 min) I know it stinks that the hunter is the only class that can solo the run, but that doesn’t mean you can’t group with a hunter and do it together. Anyways…have fun!
-Luvhandles (lvl 44 hunter)