Definitely my favourite strawberry pie of all times, this recipe is a new summer classic on my table.
- Pie Crust
- 4 Cups of Stawberries
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
- 2 tblsp of Corn Statch
- 2 tblsp of water
- Pick the entire center area of a pie crust with a fork and put it in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. The small holes made in the crust will prevent the formation of bubbles when getting cooked. (Ok, my pie crust look like it made the war, but it was still delicious none the less)
- Cut 2 cups of strawberries in chunk of fruit
- In a small cauldron, mix the 2 cups of strawberries with the sugar, and put on the oven at medium-low. You’ll heat the strawberries until they look like a jam or a sauce.
- In a bowl, mix the corn statch with water, then pour over the heating strawberries.
- Bring to boil, but be careful not to burn your berries!
- Place the fresh strawberries on the cooked pie crust. You can place entire small berries and cut in half the larger ones.
- Pour the sauce over the fresh strawberries and put in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- Serve cold and amaze your guest!
The secret ingredient of this recipe is the fresh strawberries: cooked strawberries loose some of its taste. Having a mix of both brings the best of the berries!